Module 1. Understanding Java Persistence
1. Learn how JBoss Hibernate effectively answers the question of how to represent relational data in an object-oriented environment.
Module 2. Getting Started with Hibernate
1. Deploy a simple application leveraging core Hibernate mappings and persistence features.
Module 3. Hibernate Projects and Tools
1. Use available JBoss Developer Studio Hibernate tooling to analyze a projects domain objects.
Module 4. Advanced Hibernate Mapping
1. Extend Hibernate Entities with built-in and user-defined types and develop robust identifiers.
Module 5. Entity Relations and Inheritance
1. Use advanced relational mappings to manage uni- and bi-directional associations, and map Java™ inheritance to database tables.
Module 6. Persistent State and Transactions in Hibernate
1. Examine how Hibernate manages the relationship between the data in a table and the values in an Entity, and associate these state changes with a unit of work.
Module 7. Querying Data Efficiently
1. Learn how to leverage Hibernate-fetching strategies, query options, and filters to produce efficient queries.
Module 8. Design and Best Practices Review
1. Learn the basics of Hibernate design patterns and best practices and how to apply them to build efficient Hibernate systems.
Module 9. Hibernate Configuration and Deployment
1. Use Hibernates highly adaptable framework in a variety of application types, from simple Java standalone applications to full-fledged Java enterprise-class deployments.
Module 10. Hibernate Advanced Frameworks
1. Hibernate supplies advanced tooling to assist developers in the areas of testing, validation, search, and spanning database instances.